It’s our mission to make VPN Tracker the Swiss Army Knife of VPN clients and today we’re excited to introduce the 10th VPN protocol in VPN Tracker: IKEv2.
IKEv2 connections are available in the latest VPN Tracker version and we'd love to hear your feedback! Check out the full update guide below for more information on IKEv2 support in VPN Tracker and how to start testing your connections.
Connect to your device with IKEv2 IPsec VPN
VPN Tracker offers ready-made profiles and setup wizards for popular IKEv2 gateways, including:
- ASUS routers
- Cisco Firepower series
- Cisco RV3xx series
- DrayTek Vigor series
- Fortinet FortiGate firewalls
- strongSwan VPN
- Telekom Digitalisierungsbox Premium 2
- TP-Link SafeStream routers
- Zyxel ATP firewalls
- Zyxel USG Flex firewalls
P.S. Your device isn't on the list? Let us know!
At a glance: IKEv2 support in VPN Tracker
- Newly-designed IKEv2 engine
- Ready-made profiles for popular IKEv2 gateways
- Manual control over specific encryption settings for power users
- Support for automatic encryption negotiation
- Auto-Config: Automatically receive remote networks and topology settings
- High-performance connection speeds with Apple M1 and M2 chips
- Long-term support for a wide range of encryption options
- Authentication via username and password or Pre-Shared Key
We've got your back where Apple doesn't!
Apple’s built in IKEv2 VPN will drop support for some IKEv2 connections in future (i.e. connections using 3DES, DH-Groups lower than 14 and SHA1 96/160.) Don’t panic yet — VPN Tracker's own IKEv2 implementation always has your back and will continue to support them!
IKEv2 IPsec connections are available in VPN Tracker Pro, VIP, Consultant, Team Member, and Team Member Plus editions, with support for iPhone and iPad rolling out in corresponding VPN Tracker for iOS editions.
Start connecting to IKEv2 VPN
- Download the latest VPN Tracker version
- Choose your vendor or create a custom connection
- Enter your connection details and go!
Tip: Never miss another update
Want to be the first to hear about new features and protocol support in VPN Tracker? Activate pre-release testing to become a member of our exclusive Insider Program!
Go to VPN Tracker > Settings > General and select Get early access to Pre-Release versions to be notified whenever a new version is available to test: